PSALM 40

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

The Eagle has landed. Starsky and Hutch have left the building. Device is activated. I'm not one for CSI or NCIS or even Judge Judy so I'll give it to you straight; no code talk, the ankle monitor has been attached and new parameters put into place for my roaming the earth.

In very "me" fashion, I whined and whimpered when it was attached. However, after about 30 minutes of digesting what just happened, I determined "it's not that bad."

I hope you all don't use this statement against me later on. Okay, so maybe my friends and family will have to remind me at some point that this "is not so bad." To be honest with you, I haven't looked at "it" since it was placed. It's my method of denial. It's not there if I don't see it. Kind of like roaches in a Chinese restaurant! Okay all of you that have eaten at Peking Taste, (city not named for liability purposes) groan now! LOL

My emotional reaction probably is to be expected, especially from me, but this afternoon I begin to ask myself a very important question. Who am I in this story? When people hear about what happened, who do they determine me to be? Am I a victim, helpless and in distress waiting for someone to come rescue me? Am I the hero, avenging wrong doing and saving the day for all others in distress? Am I the villian, sneeky and untruthful? This has really caused me to think about my reaction to all that has taken place in the last two plus years. I think I may have played all three roles, victim, hero and villian, at different intervals. I have determined that God's word clearly says He is the author and finisher. I believe God is asking me to surrender AGAIN let Him be God. He is asking me to surrender my day, my night, my career, my family, my future, my will, my ALL. He is trying to keep the scenes of my life moving by His direction and I keep getting in the way. Can you see God with that black thing they use when making a movie - I don't know what its called. God yells, "Debbie's life - Act 46 take 3" and snap goes the movie thing. Suddenly, I try to take over and act contrary to God's plan and he yells, "Cut!" I know there have been times I have not listened. Other times, I give in knowing He should be the one in charge, not me! Oh these are hard lessons to learn. I want to go to commercial breaks often. You know the funny ones, like the "Where's the beef?" lady of years back.

Anyway, back to the question I have asked myself this afternoon..."Who am in this story?" I have answers now, after studying God's word. I am the head and not the tail, above and not beneath, redeemed, an heir, a branch, free from the law of sin and death, chosen, holy, the righteousness of Christ, set apart and His bride.

So today a new part of my life's story took place. But, what stan meant for harm and destruction, God used as a lesson for me. I am not the villian. I am not the hero. I am not the victim. I am His child. He is my Abba Father and I will let Him guide me, today and tomorrow.

Remember, there is hope and redemption through Jesus. Be still and know...GabbyGal

1 comment:

  1. Ok I'm a dingbat....i had to read "stan" three times and shake my head trying to figure out who "stan" was then I remembered...must have been during a hot flash I read it the first time or something!

    ReplyDelete